|I took this earlier this morning while driving around in the snow with my hubby...|
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Things You'll Need:
- Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 chopped nuts
- Parchment Paper
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2Using an electric mixer, mix together the flour, cake mix, eggs, melted margarine and nuts. Blend 3 to 4 minutes. If needed scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. The ingredients should start to form a ball.
- 3With floured hands take the ball and shape into a long rectangle about 4 inches wide. Place rectangle[s]on the parchment lined sheet. You may need to make two placed side by side on the baking sheet. The rectangles should be about 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick.
- 4Bake for about 30-35 minutes. It should be firm to the touch and pass the toothpick test.
- 5When done, remove from the oven but do not turn the oven off. Let the biscotti cool for about 10 minutes.
- 6Cut using a sharp serrated knife into 1 inch slices.. Carefully turn the slices on to their sides on the baking sheet.
- 7Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes. Leave the biscotti in the oven but now turn the oven off. Leave in the oven for 40 minutes. This will crisp the biscotti pieces.
- 8Cool completely- 2 to 3 hours.
- 9Store in an airtight container.